What is the Fibonacci Strategy for Roulette?
The Fibonacci Strategy is a progressive betting strategy that is based on the Fibonacci mathematical numerical sequence. The sequence goes as follows.
With the Fibonacci Strategy, you use the above numerical sequence as a unit size in your roulette bet. So, you start out betting one unit for your first bet. If you lose, you bet one unit again. If you lose your second bet, you bet two units. And so on.
How to use the Fibonacci Strategy in Roulette
In order to make the Fibonacci Strategy work best, you need to make roulette bets that have a high probability of winning. Most people will use the 50/50 bets on the roulette table.
The 50/50 bets involve all the bets on the bottom row of the roulette table. That includes the following bets:
With these odds, you have a 46.70% chance of winning on your first each bet. Using the Fibonacci Strategy, you have a high chance avoiding 10 losses in a row. That’s important because your 11th bet would require an 89 unit bet!
Below are the odds of you losing the same bet 10 times in a row based on a roulette wheel with a green “0” and a green “00” slot.
- Odds of losing one bet in a row – 53.5%
- Odds of losing two bets in a row – 26.65%
- Odds of losing three bets in a row – 13.325%
- Odds of losing four bets in a row – 6.66%
- Odds of losing five bets in a row – 3.33%
- Odds of losing six bets in a row – 1.66%
- Odds of losing seven bets in a row – 0.83%
- Odds of losing eight bets in a row – 0.415%
- Odds of losing nine bets in a row – 0.205%
- Odds of losing ten bets in a row – 0.1025%
As you can see, you have an over 99% chance of winning before losing ten bets in a row. If you are playing a short roulette session, the Fibonacci strategy will give you an excellent chance of leaving the table a winner!
How to increase your chance of winning
If you want to increase your chance of coming off the table a winner even more than making 50/50 bets, then you should use the 2-1 strategy to give yourself an over 63% chance of winning on your first bet.
How does that work? Instead of betting on red/black, even/odd, 1-18/19-36, you will look at the bets that pay 2-1 odds. These bets are the 1-12,13-24,25-36 bets right under the individual roulette numbers and the “Street” bets on the extreme right of the table.
You need to split your betting unit and place one bet on two of the 1-12,13-24,25-36 bets or two of the “street” bets. These bets place 2-1. So if you win, you win one unit.
Below are the odds of you losing the same 2-1 bet 10 times in a row based on a roulette wheel with a green “0” and a green “00” slot.
- Odds of losing one bet in a row – 35.8%
- Odds of losing two bets in a row – 17.9%%
- Odds of losing three bets in a row – 8.95%
- Odds of losing four bets in a row – 4.75%
- Odds of losing five bets in a row – 2.375%
- Odds of losing six bets in a row – 1.18%
- Odds of losing seven bets in a row – 0.59%
- Odds of losing eight bets in a row – 0.295%
- Odds of losing nine bets in a row – 0.1475%
- Odds of losing ten bets in a row – 0.0737%
As you can see here, using the Fibonacci Strategy can give you an over 99.9% chance of coming out a winner before losing ten bets in a row!
Fibonacci Strategy vs Martingale Strategy
One of the advantages of the Fibonacci Strategy is that you are risking fewer units than the Martingale strategy. Let’s compare both strategy’s unit size in a 10 bet sequence.
- Fibonacci Strategy: 1-1-2-3-5-8-13-21-34-55
- Martingale Strategy: 1-2-4-8-16-32-64-128-256-512
Your tenth bet on a Martingale Strategy is a mind-numbing 512 units! Many roulette tables have a betting minimum of $5 with a betting max of $2,500. So you can’t even use the Martingale after the eight losing bet.
How much of a bankroll do you need?
If you decide to use a 100 unit bankroll, you can lose 9 bets in a row before you are busted out. The average roulette table has a minimum bet of $5. So you should have at least $500, in your bankroll, for the Fibonacci System.
A word of caution
The house has the ultimate edge on all table games. And there is no betting strategy that will make you a long term winner in roulette. The Fibanacci Strategy is designed to help you increase your chances of winning on short sessions.
- The Fibonacci Strategy is based on a mathematical numerical sequence.
- With this strategy, you progressive increase your unit size on the Fibonacci Sequence.
- The sequence of unit sizes are: 1-1-2-3-5-8-13-21-34-55-89-144.
- In roulette, you will want to use high probability win bets such as: Even/Odds, Red/Black, 1-18/19-36.
- To increase your odds of winning, you can split your units and bet 2 areas that pay 2-1.
- You should have a minimum of a $500 bankroll to use the Fibonacci System in roulette.
- No betting system is a long-term winner. The Fibonacci System is designed to help you win during short roulette sessions.